Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Our desk top iMac is not working. For the last couple of days, there have been strange clicking noises when I started it up, but then it seemed to run fine. Yesterday, I got what I think might be the Mac equivalent of the PC Blue Screen of Death. White screen, little file folder icon blinking in the middle with a big ol' question mark. Won't do anything else. Just sits there, blinking at me.
Just uploaded hundreds of photos (and deleted them off my camera card) including Dad's wedding, Trev's birthday, the boys playing outside in their new sprinkler. I have close to 4,000 photos on iPhoto and I just started putting them on an external hard drive last week. Didn't get very far since we had visitors this week.
I'm going to cry!! The nearest Apple store is in Portland...or Seattle. The darn thing is less than three years old and we have never, ever had any problems with it. Waaaaah!!
Posted by ArlaMo at 11:01 AM
Monday, June 08, 2009
If you joined the circus, what act would you most want to perform?
I've always love the motion of a swing and heights don't bother me in the least, so flying high on the trapeze would be my choice.
Would you generally be overdressed or underdressed at a party?
I did wear a skirt last week to a church function where everyone else was dressed in pants, so if I had to choose one, I'd probably say overdressed. I'm pretty careful to dress appropriately.
Do you feel that children should be sheltered from unhappiness?
Absolutely not. Learning to deal with sorrow, life's troubles, trials and tribulations is an essential part of our existence. Making our way through the hard times molds character and creates a person of fortitude and strength.
Posted by ArlaMo at 8:38 AM
Friday, June 05, 2009
And...here we go!
1. I'd really like to make a decision about our home. Are we going to buy it? Are we not? I have plans, so many plans if we do. I have bags of fabric and other fun stuff just sitting in my sewing area, waiting for us to decide if we really want THIS house as our home.
2. My favorite thing for dinner lately has been salad, salad and more salad. It has been too hot to cook. Love a good salad on a hot day.
3. The neighbor's dog says bark! bark! bark! And then uses our yard as his personal potty. Darn dog!
4. A nice long walk with Michael is often just what I need. We can talk, we can be silent. All is comfortable when we walk.
5. My little sister told me some some good news. They're having a boy!! Congrats Giana and AJ!
6. When all is said and done, relationships are all that matter. How you treat people, how you interact with those around you. And sometimes relationships are really, really hard, but almost always worth the effort you put into them.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to seeing my in-laws and doing something for Granny's birthday, tomorrow my plans include hanging out with Granny and Boppy and Sunday, I want to spend a little time at my scrap table, but it probably won't happen because I have meetings all morning.
Posted by ArlaMo at 9:12 AM
Thursday, June 04, 2009
Posted by ArlaMo at 1:48 PM
Wednesday, June 03, 2009
Monday, June 01, 2009
Imagine you're packing a picnic lunch. What would be in your basket?
A toasted BLT. Strawberries. Sliced red and yellow peppers. Multigrain Tortilla Chips with Jalepeno Artichoke Dip from Costco. And mini-cheesecakes for dessert, of course!
If your life were a weather vane, which direction would it be pointing right now?
I'm pretty sure my vane is spinning!
Too much drama. Drama for my daughter and all her teenage friends. Drama (and heartache) on the extended family front. Drama...or at least a bit of chaos in my church calling. Drama on the housing front (do we really love this house? Do we like it enough to spend $$$$$ buying it?) I'd like my weather vane to point to a nice vacation, lol!
What's something that people do in traffic that really annoys you?
Tailgate. Drive 25 in a 40 zone. Drive 40 in a 20 zone. Apply make-up. Fiddle with the radio (or whatever) so that the light turning green is not noticed. And, BTW, have turn signals gone out of style???
Driving is one thing that gets my blood boiling more than almost anything else.
Posted by ArlaMo at 12:24 PM