And...here we go!
1. Moving is a great way to get rid of all the extra "stuff" that encroaches on our lives. Not sure if I want to do it again so soon, but we have been looking at options besides the house we're renting now. We'll see. I was absolutely appalled when our little city voted down a bond to help the three public schools located here. The elementary school is a health hazard and I'm worried for Max starting kindergarten there in the fall. We could move into Walla Walla and have a few more options...
2. The current government really scares me and I think Americans are going to find they are a lot less free. The more the government intervenes in our daily lives, businesses, etc., the less freedom we enjoy.
3. My best quality is my nurturing nature. I was born to be a mom!
4. The difference between a good scrapbook page and a great one is in the details.
5. In nearly 10 years, we have lived on both coasts...and a couple places in the middle. I have attended 5 graduations for my husband. We have accumulated more school debt than a lot of people spend on their houses. I have moved away from countless friends and neighbors too many times. I have "settled" in a city close to home, but wonder sometimes if it is the right place for us. I have been sad, lonely, excited, nervous, devastated...but mostly happy and full of joy.
6. A little kick in the pants is what I need right now! Weight loss is stalled and I'm not very motivated to do much about it.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a trip to the temple with Michael, tomorrow my plans include lots of prep work for the Stake dance our ward is hosting and Sunday, I want to relax a bit since I finally have an advisor for my Laurel class!
Friday, May 22, 2009
And...here we go!
Posted by ArlaMo at 8:35 AM