Friday, November 07, 2008

Grateful for my tree...



Well, techinically it is my dad's tree. But I'm finally close enough to see it in all its fall glory. I LOVE this tree.

It used to be a favorite climbing place when I was younger. It has always been the most gorgeous tree in my hometown. I have definitely missed seeing it every fall.

Dad told me that he has people stop all the time to ask if they can take a picture. Sometimes, they don't ask. :) He walked out to rake up some leaves the other day and found a couple taking pictures - the photographer was laying on her back so she could get a good picture looking up at her friend with the tree in the background. When the boys went to play at Grandpa's on Tuesday, another lady stopped by so she could take a picture to use as her computer screen saver.

I miss the green of the east coast and Minnesota, but there is nothing as beautiful as my red tree in the fall.

3 comments:

Lee said...

Gotta love a beautiful tree - and a beautiful climbing tree is even better :)

Sherry said...

That IS a beautiful tree. My heart is sad that we don't have much - if any - of that here in Southern California. =[ I might have to "steal" your picture to look at it every so often...okay. I won't. Maybe I will just come back and look once in a while. ;]

Brynn said...

HOLY COW, that tree is beautiful!!! I can totally see why people stop to take pics of it! Gorgeous.