Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Grateful for our service men and women, past and present


I stood in the rain to watch the Veterans' Day parade this morning and couldn't help but be moved to tears. I am grateful for all those who now serve and all who have served to keep our country safe, to preserve our liberties and freedoms.

Thank you to my grandfather, who served in the Pacific theater during WWII. As a little child, I remember being fascinated by the scars the shrapnel left in your leg.

Thank you to my father, who served in the Army in the 60's when the military was not so highly regarded.

Thank you to my brother-in-law, Kevin, who just returned home from Afghanistan and serves in the Canadian Army.

And a very special gratitude to the families left behind, those who sacrifice so much while their loved ones serve our country. THANK YOU!

May God bless all those who currently serve and keep them from harm.

0 comments: