Thursday, November 06, 2008

Grateful to move on...



There were moments when I thought it would never end. Times when I thought we would never be done. I certainly went through periods when I thought I wasn't going to make it.

But we did it! 17 years. 17 years of schooling, training, late nights, early mornings, long commutes, 100 hour work weeks, bank account running on fumes most of the time. 10 different moves, 5 different states and 2 countries, 6 kids and more student loan debt than I can't even bring myself to type. We made it!

Michael told me the summer we were engaged that he wanted to go to med school. Since that time, I have attended five of his graduations and one big party to celebrate being done. Bachelors, Masters, medical school, internship and residency...and the party for fellowship.

What a long, long road. I wouldn't change a thing...but I'm sure thankful to be done.

(The picture is Michael burning one of his white coats at the end of Fellowship.)

2 comments:

Vivian said...

Congratulations to both of you!

Lee said...

It's all the tough years that make all the good memories! Congratulations to you both. Congratulations to you 8 :)