Friday, April 29, 2011

Last Day of KP sketch class

What can I say? I'm behind in the class so I'm catching up starting at the end. It's been a busy couple of weeks with Easter, my second infusion (which went great - nothing serious to note other than fatigue) and family in town for a lovely dinner, visit, Easter Egg hunt and rousing games of Ultimate Frisbee and Can Jam.

When the sketch arrived in my in-box this morning, I knew exactly what photo I was going to use. In fact, all the elements were laying out on my table. The whole page came together in under 10 minutes!


The photo was actually taken quite awhile ago, but Mason still has a gum obsession. He asks for it as we near the checkout every grocery trip. If I have it in my purse, it tends to disappear very quickly. And if I actually buy him a pack, the whole thing will be gone in a day. He is very good about sharing, however...

Layout was made with Studio Calico's April kit, Singing in the Rain (and a spare gum wrapper, most likely emptied by Mason!)

6 comments:

Lisa Dickinson said...

love the gum wrapper embellie - how perfect! :)

Unknown said...

cute! I also wanted to tell you how festive your vase is on your header! Love that!

Mary Jo said...

Very cute! Love how you added the gum wrapper and gumball machine!

I am behind, too and am going to try working backwards like you said. I have been printing up each file and putting them in my sketch binder. I've really only finished a layout from day 3 and a card from day 4.

Briana Johnson said...

Very cute, Arlamo! I love it when cute pages like that happen in 10 minutes - great feeling. I too wanted to comment on how stinkin cute awesome that vase is!

lisa truesdell said...

love the LO - and LOVE that you used a gum wrapper on it!!!

Donna said...

oh my good goodness.....that layout is perfect!!!! loving that vase and those tulips!!!!