Thursday, April 21, 2011

Save time - use one line

Tip #3 is to save time by using one line of product. The manufacturer has already gone to all the trouble of making sure all the elements look good together - paper, brads, alphas, stickers, ribbons, etc.  All of it is already coordinated so you don't have to spend the time looking through your stash for the perfect color of blue alpha to match your patterned paper or just the right ribbon that works well with your stickers.

Some manufacturers' individual lines also work really well together so just staying with one company's products can also be a time saver. Studio Calico, Jillibean Soup, Lily Bee and Sassafrass are some that flow nicely from line to line.


The patterned paper from Studio Calico's Documentary line reminded me of pool tiles, so it was a perfect fit for these Scera Pool photos from our vacation to Utah last summer. The journaling card and fussy cut arrows from the same line were a perfect compliment to the page. I did stray outside the line just a bit when I grabbed some Glitz word stickers, but they were sitting on the corner of my desk and didn't require any extra time or effort on my part :)
Other supplies used - Claudine Helmuth paint in Teal to help my pictures pop on the white background.


I love grids and what better way to showcase several patterned papers from a pretty line. This is Lily Bee's Catching Fall line. I used a variety of patterned paper, some cardstock stickers and rub-ons, both on my photo and as part of my grid.
Other supplies used - sewing machine and thread.


Micah had these shorts on the other day, complaining that he needed a new pair. When I saw this picture from the first day of school last fall, I realized how much he has grown this year! I knew I wanted something with arrows and found some patterned paper in the Jillibean Soup New England Chowder line that was perfect. The line is actually a transportation themed line, but by just grabbing certain elements, I think it worked out perfectly for this page. The stop sign sticker was a great way to express how I'm feeling about my kids growing up so quickly!
Other supplies used - pop dots

If your running short on creative time, grab supplies from one product line!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That 'autumn' page is perfect! I love it!

Allison Waken said...

Oh gorgeous! I think the first one is my fav :)

Ursula Schneider said...

These are great. I especially love the arrows on the first LO. Such nice clean lines you make.

hsiah said...

Thank you for you article, and I learnt from it that you must be a kind-hearted person. I want to buy this watters brides brescia while my fiancé prefers another. watters brides genova Could you be so kind as to offer me more articles to introduce this watters brides umbria further more? Every bride who is planning to buy a watters brides tuscany will be grateful for your help and may you good luck!