Friday, April 01, 2011

New month, new decor

St. Patty's decor has come down and I'm starting to put up my Easter and spring stuff.


I love Gerbera daisies. My watering can still looks a little sparse - I bought all they had at JoAnn's. Looks like I may need a road trip to the Tri-Cities to find more!


I followed the tutorial at Love Laughter and Decor for my egg topiaries. I used green styrofoam cones - couldn't find rattan, but the styrofoam worked just fine. White styrofoam might be a little iffy as it tends to melt in the presence of hot glue, but the green worked with no problems. FYI, Spanish moss is MESSY!! If I was going to do it again, I would spread an old sheet under my work area. And definitely be prepared with lots of glue sticks. I used about nine or ten for both topiaries.


I'm not sure who to credit for the original idea of the paint chip egg garland. I've seen several on Pinterest. Here's the one I pinned from ohdeedoh. I do like the rainbow order at ohdeedoh, but I had way too many colors for that, so I just went with random. I cut each paint chip with my Sizzix Torn Edge Oval Frame and just used the middle oval. I punched each egg with a 1/16th circle punch and threaded all the eggs onto some jute.


The subway art is another free printable from eighteen25 and the big flowers were on clearance at JoAnn's.

The sun has been out all day and my thermometer is reading 70 degrees, so putting up all these bright colors feels perfect for today!

8 comments:

Mary Jo said...

You have the best mantle for the holidays!
I always love your subway prints :)

Briana Johnson said...

OMG. I am sooo impressed with your stuff! My eyeballs got really big when I saw that garland - GORgeous, ArlaMo! Wow.

Unknown said...

Totally awesome idea with the garland!

Sabr said...

I love how you change out your mantel/banner for each holiday! I'm feeling the Easter spirit!! Have a great weekend!

Donna said...

oh, the mantle looks stunning!!! I noticed it as soon as the page loaded!! Enjoy the warm weather, its rainy and 37 here!

Jennifer said...

Your mantel is always so awesome! :)

lisa truesdell said...

super cute - the paint chip garlad is my favorite part!

Steph at ModernParentsMessyKids.com said...

Hi!

I'm the creator of this project (that was me on ohdeedoh) and I've started a pinterest page of everyone whose tried it. Yours looks awesome and I've added it. Check it out here:

http://pinterest.com/modrentmessykid/reader-s-mpmk-projects/