Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Saying goodbye to the old year...


and looking forward to the new.

I can truly look back at the past year with peace and great joy. We had our downs, to be sure. The fire that started the year was the scariest thing I've ever experienced in my life. Michael's shoulder didn't heal properly and he had to have surgery, again. Leaving our beloved Minnesota was very, very hard. But we've had so many ups this year, far outweighing the downs. Great friends, finishing up Michael's education, moving close to home, spending lots of precious hours with family, good health and so much, much more.

I love to sit under the Christmas tree in a darkened room, with just the colored bulbs shimmering and reflect on the blessings of the past year. And I take a little time to look forward to the next year. A little planning, a few resolutions and intentions in mind. A great peace settles over me as I contemplate the next phase of our life, with a new job in a new place and so many opportunities.

A final thank you to Sherry for her challenge this month and last. Hopefully, a good habit has been formed and I can continue preserving some of my thoughts and precious memories and sharing with...well, whoever happens to stop by.

Happy New Year! Peace and joy to you in 2009.

0 comments: